UPDATE: The donation period for Menu for Hope V has beene extended through December 31st -- so you still can participate in this worthwhile event and maybe even win a prize!
First, some background on Menu for Hope V from organizer Chez Pim. To quote Pim:
"Menu for Hope is an annual fundraising campaign hosted by me and a revolving group of food bloggers around the world. Five years ago, the devastating tsunami in Southeast Asia inspired me to find a way to help, and the very first Menu for Hope was born. The campaign has since become a yearly affair, raising funds to support worthy causes worldwide. In 2007, Menu for Hope raised nearly $100K to help the UN World Food Programme feed the hungry.
"Each December, food bloggers from all over the world join the campaign by offering a delectable array of food-related prizes for the Menu for Hope raffle. Anyone – and that means you too - can buy raffle tickets to bid on these prizes. For every $10 donated, you earn one virtual raffle ticket to bid on a prize of their choice. At the end of the two-week campaign, the raffle tickets are drawn and the results announced on Chez Pim."
To see the master list of prizes, go here.
Blog Appetit will be offering the following donation as a prize (Prize Code Number UW17):
Three books I'm calling "The 'I Wanna Be a Food Writer' Package." It is Will Write for Food by Dianne Jacob, The Recipe Writer's Handbook by Ostmann and Baker, and The New Food Lover's Companion by Herbst. These three books will help give you the skills, passion and even some facts to help you really get your food writing career cooking. It's a great package for food bloggers, too.
To see other prizes donated by western U.S. food bloggers, go here.
To Donate and Enter the Menu for Hope Raffle:
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from the master prize link
2. Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
3. Please specify which prize you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code.
Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 - 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Menu for Hope V donations are being accepted now until December 31. Raffle winners will be announced on January 12 on Chez Pim.
Want to learn more about past Menu for Hope efforts by the food blogging community to support efforts to vanquish hunger in the world? Click here.